Thanksgiving is creeping up on us here in the US which for most of us mean family gatherings. I wanted to create what I would call a daytime family dinner “appropriate” makeup.
For the eyeshadow I’m using these 4 from Tarte that came in a gift set but do not despair if you don’t have them, here are some links to some great alternatives in similar shades I found across the interwebz. The shades look warmer than they are in real life. Example; Pillow talk has a much more pinky undertone then you see in the picture.
- TOO FACED Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection
- LORAC Unzipped Palette
- TARTE Limited Edition Energy Noir Clay Palette
- ULTA Rose Gold Natural Eye Shadow Palette
- MAKEUP REVOLUTION Affirmation 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
- L’ORÉAL Colour Riche Ombre Quad Rose Nude
- NEUTROGENA Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow Cool Plum 10
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eye Shadow Palette
- Ciaté London Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Smokey Suedes Eye Palette
- Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio
- NARS NARSissist Matte/Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.3 – Plush Shadow
- Too Faced Love Palette
Now, on to how to get this look.
I began as usual with a primed eye. Don’t mind the brows, I’m letting them be for a bit.
I laid down a base of Pillow Talk from lid to brow.
Then, I very carefully took Chamomile Tea into the crease area as a transition shade on a fluffy blending brush. I made sure to knock all the excess off the brush first so it stayed a sheer wash of color.
I took Romance Novel, which is one of my favorite shades into the crease and outer V, then blended outward. For this, I used a small dense blending brush.
On a flat shader brush, I packed on Creme Brulee onto the lid and into the inner corner.
I went back with Romance Novel and built up the intensity a bit and gave it a good blend.
I only added a hint of the liner to thicken the lash line, for this, I used Tarte’s Copper which is available on their site.
For skin, I did my usual routine.
I thought this look would pair great with a deep red lip. This would also look great with a more neutral lip.
And here’s the finished look!
Soft, yet bold.
You can up the intensity for an evening with a bit more of the shadow blended into the outer V and lower lash line. Then some brown liner in the water line.
Bee Beautiful. Bee You.