Hey hey guys. I am finally reviewing the Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette. I wanted to take my time, play with and get to know the formula. This is my first Morphe palette so I didn’t know what to expect with the quality and pigmentation.
To be honest, most Morphe palettes don’t excite me that much but I was walking around Ulta and saw this little beauty while I was on the hunt for a tiny blending brush. The color story sucked me in.
I mean, if I ever created a palette, it would probably look just like this. These are all my favorite colors in one place.
So, this palette is huge with 35 shades and retails for $24. I was floored by that price. I never noticed how affordable Morphe was.
Quality wise, speaking on the Boss Mood… Is it the best I have ever used. No. It takes some care to get to perform it’s best but for the price point and the amount of shades you get, I’m not made at it. I have done some bomb ass looks with this big guy.
My biggest complaint really is the shade names being on the plastic sheet and not printed on the palette. This may not matter to most people but as someone who does tutorials, I need those shade names where I can see them easily.
Before I get into the shades, I want to share some tips that I found helped me get the most out of this palette.
- Using a tacky base, like a concealer or primer not set with powder. This gave way better color payoff and didn’t hinder blending.
- Working with smaller brushes helped the shadows stay true to color where I placed them. I found they would get washed out, or blended away otherwise. Also they would get muddy.
- The shimmer perform best on a damp brush or with a finger.
Since there are so many, I’m not going to go through each individually but rather go by sections with the description from Morphe.
- Light of the Party / frosted cream shimmer
- Popstar / metallic gilded gold
- Stroke of Luck / matte wasabi green
- Express Yo’self / matte moss
- Nude Tude / matte olive
- Green with Envy / matte midnight green
- Sheen Stealer / metallic burnt olive
- Stand Out / metallic bronze green
- Bold Moves / metallic golden pear
- Electric Energy / metallic golden sage
- Hello Sunshine / matte mustard green
- Play it Cool / matte caramel
- Hawt Stuff / metallic copper
- Peachy Keen / matte toffee
- Fired Up / matte apricot
- Bright Eyes / metallic amber
- Bossy AF / metallic garnet
- FOTD / matte red currant
- Talk Dirty / matte chocolate truffle
- Hot to Trot / metallic plum bronze
- Sparks Fly / matte walnut
- Confidence / metallic deep coral
- Red Carpet / matte raspberry
- Power Slayer / matte dusty plum
- Daredevil / metallic violet
- Vampy Vixen / matte brick red
- Sweet Beets / matte cranberry
- Color Persona / metallic cranberry
- Transformer / matte navy blue
- Center of Attention / metallic midnight blue
- Indi-glow Kween / metallic plum
- Grape Expectations / metallic electric purple
- Candy Crush / matte pomegranate
- Sultry Ways / metallic smoky eggplant
- Black Magic / matte black
Some of these names are so cringe but all the shades perform fairly well. I would call them decent. The metallics are actually quite nuanced, having unique micro glitters in them. The mattes perform fine and come in some of the standard shades as well as some off the beaten path.
Overall I am quite happy with the palette and the value. I’m interested in picking up the 39S – SUCH A GEM ARTISTRY PALETTE and the 39A DARE TO CREATE ARTISTRY PALETTE. I am digging those color stories as well. What do ya’ll think?
Here are some of the looks I have created with the Boss Mood before I go and any tutorials will be linked below.
Get the Look | Clove Smoke Catharsis.
Okay, that’s all for today, I plan to do some more videos using the Boss Mood coming soon and some with ABH Rivera. I’ll see ya’ll in the one, bye now!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook| Bloglovin|
5 thoughts on “35M BOSS MOOD ARTISTRY PALETTE Review + Looks”
Such a gorgeous palette! I love the looks you’ve created. Stunning as always!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I wanted to pick this one up! Love your review and all of the looks 🙂 I have two Morphe palettes and one I love and one not as much, so I was torn if I should get more.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah, if you like the shades, it’s not the worst. LOL! Thank you.
LikeLiked by 1 person